Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Maple Soy Portobello Burgers

Last night's meal consisted of a repeat from a Plated recipe (a rare repeat on my part). I got this from Plated awhile ago and the good thing is that you get these large recipe cards so you can cook the meal over and over again. You can also save the recipe as a PDF. Right now I have both versions but I keep all of my electronic recipes in Dropbox for easy access.



It is a very easy, quick recipe for a weeknight meal:
  1. Into a flat bowl (like a pasta bowl, these portobellos are huge), combine the juice of 1/2 a lime, about 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp maple syrup, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Wipe off 2 portobello mushrooms with a damp cloth and then marinate in the mixture for at least 10 minutes
  2. Then, heat up a saute pan to medium heat and pour in both the mushrooms and the marinade. Let this cook for 10-15 minutes until the mushroom is browning and tender.
  3. While the mushrooms cook, mash up 1/2 of an avocado with the juice from the other half of the lime, salt, and pepper.
  4. Toast your buns.
  5. Assemble burger.
  6. Eat.

Hm, clearly my bun is much larger then my shroom. Oh well, it still tasted great.

I did not make the side salad this time (it was really good). Instead, I roasted some red potatoes. I took about a pound of baby red bliss. I poke holes into them with a fork (IMPORTANT) before cooking them in the microwave for 4 minutes. After that I combined about 2 teaspoons olive oil, 



this seasoning, and a touch of extra salt after chopping up the potatoes. I cooked them in a 425 degree oven for about 25 minutes or so. They probably could have been cooked longer but I was impatient.



I'm not ashamed to say I ate the potatoes with ketchup. I am a ketchup fiend. Although, I've gotten better about it now that I'm older and eat far less chicken tenders. 

That's all folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment