Monday, March 23, 2015

Do You Even Eat Paleo?

After two family parties and a lot of food (and alcohol) this weekend, it was time to settle down and eat some real food. I have decided to do the Paleo Restart by PaleoLeap. For 35 bucks, you get a whole meal plan with all kinds of recipes for 30 days including tips and support. I know I said in an earlier post that I do not tend to go by any specific diet rules but I wanted to experiment to see if I could do this. Luckily, it isn't drastically different than how I usually eat. I tend to cook most foods that I eat anyways even when they involve some prep and planning. For days 1-7, I didn't go by the exact order of the menu as it depends when my husband is working and if I have any events. I am going to do the best I can sticking to it but know I have parties, events, etc. over the next few weeks and let's face it, I can't be without cheese, bread, or wine all that long. But I am going to try. On Wednesday, my friends and I will be attending a Sips and Small Bites event at Whole Foods (pairing wine with small bites) so you can see the Paleo thing will be short-lived. But I am determined to keep on track around that night!

I started off with an omelet this morning with balsamic onions, spinach, and I added mushrooms for good measure. I'm such an amazing wife that I made an extra omelet for my sleeping husband that I put into the fridge for when he woke up. I served my omelet with a side of berries. Lunch was a salad with canned tuna (wild-caught) with other vegetables and homemade vinaigrette. For dinner, I had a Chicken Stir Fry with Broccoli (and the mushrooms. I bought some late last week and hadn't used them yet so I'm just throwing them into everything now apparently). 


My husband is not a huge fan of broccoli so I purposely planned this meal for when he was working. It was a very easy and tasty dish. I basically just sauteed the broccoli and mushrooms in coconut oil, fresh ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper until cooked. 


The chicken was marinading in soy sauce (ok so I cheated here on the Paleo-ness. Coconut aminos is used in place of soy sauce in the Paleo diet. But I had just bought a brand new bottle of Tamari which is gluten-free soy sauce. I was somewhere in the middle at least), ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, lime juice, and red onion. After stir frying the broccoli, I did the same with the chicken and marinade and cooked it all together.


Until next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment