Sunday, March 29, 2015

Paleo Fail

Sorry, I'm a slacker. I know it has been 4 days since my last post.

On the bright side, this means lots for me to talk about! I'm sure you are thrilled.

As I mentioned I am doing the Paleo Restart by Paleo Leap. Here are some things I've learned:


  • I'm terrible at going Paleo. I think my goal is more realistically 80/20
  • I do feel more satisfied/fuller. Eating more protein and veggies is making a difference
  • I am eating more red meat than usual so I'm not sure how I feel about that
  • I don't like people telling me what I can and cannot eat
  • This weekend was a bit of a bust so I am looking to get back onto the saddle for this coming week

Anyways, I am super excited because I ordered a five piece All-Clad cookware set from Sur La Table. I had always wanted a stainless steel pan set, I had only ever really owned non-stick and the set I currently have is starting to die. I have two new non-stick pans as a wedding gift and now an All-Clad saute pan, high-sided skillet, and saucepan (two with lids).


I saw that they arrived Thursday when I came home from work and immediately opened the box so I could use my pans for dinner. It's the little things in life, right? I made steak with a cauliflower and bacon hash. Doesn't the bacon look beautiful in the pan?


Friday I made myself spaghetti squash and meatballs for dinner with leftovers to freeze. 

My sister, Rachel, recently got engaged so Saturday's plan was to check out a couple of wedding venues in Rhode Island. Once we finished up, we were all hungry and a found a place in Warwick called The Ripe Tomato. It was an adorable, small place with homemade Italian food. The waitress was genuinely excited to see us and was so welcoming. Definitely a rarity! I ended up with a pizza that had hazelnut cream, chicken, peas, cheese, and sun-dried tomatoes.


It was really good but filling, I was only able to eat half of it. Really great place, I recommend it if you are in the Warwick, RI area. Also, my photographer sister, Emily, stole my phone to take her version of the picture of my pizza:


Saturday night, my husband and I were lame and decided to do some food shopping at Wegman's in Chestnut Hill. We also had the genius idea of doing a charcuterie and cheese plate for dinner. First we had some salads from Sweetgreen (to justify the meat and cheese?), then we had some meat, cheese, and wine. As you know, some of my faves.


We also had little mini toasts and crostini to eat with these nuggets of deliciousness. The cheese on the left is an Edel de Cleron from France and a type of Brie. On the right is a Brillo Pecorino DiVino which is an Italian sheep's milk cheese soaked in Chianti wine. There is also prosciutto and spicy chorizo in the middle. We also got an onion and fig jam (so good!) and tomato bruschetta. Amazing. 

I leave you with this because...it's true.









No comments:

Post a Comment