Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sips and Small Bites

Thanks everyone for the 1,000+ pageviews! I'm sure 999 are my husband and parents but hey, it's a start.

The semi-Paleo journey continues on. Last night I made burgers with avocado, tomato, and salsa with a side of sweet potato fries. I seasoned the fries with cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, cinnamon, garlic powder and paprika. I also coated them in coconut oil. They were sweet 'n spicy.  Good stuff.


Tonight my friends and I made another appearance at the Culinary Center at Whole Foods in Dedham for a Sips and Small Bites (and not Paleo) class. We tried a variety of wines and they were paired with small bites.


First up was endive with a goat/sheep's milk cheese from Australia sprinkled with pistachios. It wasn't as pungent as regular goat cheese and was creamier. This was paired with Greek Moscofilero (white wine). It was on the sweet and crisp side to go with the goat cheese.


Next was a chorizo stuffed clam. You can see a piece of chorizo sticking out. YUM. This was paired with a German Riesling that worked well with the spiciness of the chorizo.


After was a bit of salami and and an olive that was very salty and strong tasting. This was paired with the first red wine of the night.


After that was a stuffed mushroom paired with a Malbec. I think. 


The final bite was a chimichurri steak with a Bordeaux.


As always, it was a fun and informative experience. Martin, the wine buyer for this Whole Foods, is very down to earth and funny. Not at all a wine snob. We even got to help plan the upcoming Wine Wednesday in April. I think it was decided to be rosés paired with springtime foods. Can't wait!











No comments:

Post a Comment