Tuesday, April 7, 2015

No Recipe Monday

This title won't really be a regular thing. At all. But it has a nice ring to it right?

Easter Sunday was spent over my husband's grandparents' house. Lots of food, lots of wine. I made these treats:

Found here

They were so easy! You just melt chocolate, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips. Then you mix in those crunchy chow mein noodles. You mold them in a muffin tin, put them in the fridge, and then add the mini Cadbury eggs on top. I actually melted a little more chocolate to make sure the eggs stuck to the nests. They were a bit denser than what I would have liked (maybe I used too much chocolate or not enough noodles) but overall a hit.

Last night I made steak and green beans and decided not to follow any particular recipe. Steak and greens beans isn't really an exciting meal title. How bout Sirloin with Sweet Smothered Mushrooms with Lemony Green Beans?

I roasted the green beans at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Once they came out of the oven, I tossed them in lemon juice, lemon zest, and cayenne. 


I just seasoned the steak with salt and Montreal Steak Seasoning and cook it on my grill pan. In a separate pan, I sauteed diced mushrooms, chicken stock, a bit of fig and onion jam, and minced garlic to add on top.


My husband was more impressed with the green beans than the steak. Now THAT is unusual. 








No comments:

Post a Comment