Monday, May 11, 2015

Weekend Eats


Hellooo my friends.

I hope you had a great weekend. It is feeling like summer!

Friday, my husband and I went out to eat with our friends Sara and Brendan. Sara is an adorably expectant mother so we are making the most of hanging out pre-baby. We went to Alba in the center of Quincy. They have an awesome roofdeck but for some reason, it was cooler on Friday compared to Thursday. Weird.


I had a Brick Chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies. The skin was so crispy on the outside and moist and flavorful on the inside.


My husband had Duck Two Ways with squash and pureed sweet potatoes (he took this picture. Apologies)


We all had some good cocktails none of which I can remember. I mean, we didn't have much to drink. I just can't remember what the drinks were. No judgments people.


Saturday was girls night at Cait's place where she made me and my friend Ashley mojitos. The best part was that they could be customized with the choices of strawberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries! Very cool. 

The master at work

She even made a homemade mint simple syrup


And had bought local rum from Dirty Water Distillery in Plymouth



They were good! Also, the mason jars just make the experience all the more better. We went out for sushi for dinner then came back to watch Fifty Shades of Grey because we are classy like that.


Sunday was a cookout at my parents' house for Mother's Day. Yes, I forgot to take pictures. Yes, I'm a terrible food blogger. My contribution was Giada de Laurentiis's grilled potato salad that I made a little while ago and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies I made the night before. My mom made bomb burgers and we had toppings like cheddar cheese, sauteed onions and mushrooms, and bacon. For an appetizer was bacon-wrapped dates (sensing a theme) and a watermelon sangria. For dessert was a strawberry shortcake. Perfect summer-y day.










No comments:

Post a Comment