Friday, June 26, 2015

Father's Day

I know Father's Day was almost a week ago but hey, better late than never on the update. Obviously Father's Day was centered around food as it usually is with my family. This year was a lobstah dinnah (lobster dinner for all of you non-Bostonians).

I do have a confession to make.

I, Alyssa, do not like lobster.

I know, I am a food blogger and will eat almost anything. But I don't eat lobster in the lobster capital (well close to the lobster capital) of the world. So I had chicken. I am ashamed. I have tried to like it and I have come a long way with seafood in general (which I've never been a fan of) but have not been able to do the lobster thing.



The lobsters had to meet their fate in the pot.


He had some final words before being dropped into the pot.

On the side we had mashed potatoes and zucchini.


And wine, of course.


This was the Blessed Blend from Sakonnet Vineyards in Rhode Island.


My parents even have special lobster plates and tools to deal with the crustaceans. 


Not pictured: My chicken.

I'm sad I didn't get a picture of the dessert but it was a warm Strawberry and Rhubarb Crisp with vanilla ice cream. It was devoured and, thus, no opportunity to capture the moment. 







No comments:

Post a Comment