Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4th of July Celebrations

Woops, sorry guys, it's been a while. The holiday weekend flew by and now it is already Wednesday!

The weekend was full of food, fun, family, and friends (lots of alliteration). 

On Friday morning, my husband and I both had the day off from work so we spent it at Wollaston Beach. 



Friday night was a pre-4th-of-July celebration at our friends Shawn and Ashley's house. This meant lots of food and beverages. I made these trashy, cake vodka-soaked cherries dipped in white chocolate (which, by the way, is very hard to melt) and blue sprinkles. They were pretty great.


I also made bacon-wrapped dates and pineapple and (unpictured) a Greek pasta salad.


My friend Cait made mango margaritas in individual mason jars and a large pitcher of spiked lemonade. SO GOOD. 

Also, this is what happens when a group of men decided to burn an old Christmas tree in a fire pit.


The actual 4th of July was cloudy so the beach plans I had with Cait in Plymouth were scrapped. We spent the morning watching the Plymouth parade then spent the remainder of the day in bars. 

On Sunday, the husband and I spent the day with both sets of parents. First, we stopped by Tim's parents and played with our niece, Hailey. 


Then we went over to my parents' house to spend some time with them. All in all, a very solid and busy weekend.

Tonight, I made a Moroccan Eggs recipe from Bobby Flay. It called for harissa and went to 3 grocery stores to find it (Whole Foods, FYI). Also, I couldn't really find a Spanish sausage so I just bought hot Italian sausage. It was pretty easy to make. You just cook the sausage with onions and garlic then let that simmer in crushed tomatoes, harissa, and spices. Then you crack some eggs and let then cook until set. I also made a polenta to go with it.






No comments:

Post a Comment