Thursday, July 30, 2015

Blue Apron

Blue Apron has arrived!! 

Blue Apron is an ingredient delivery service in which they deliver all of the ingredients needed to cook delicious meals. The fun part is that you just get exactly the amount of each ingredient so there is nothing randomly leftover. The box arrives with the food wrapped in ice packs so it can sit out while you are at work. It is fairly reasonablely priced and it is meant as a subscription service that you get each week (enough for 3 meals in 2-person or 4-person options). You can choose to skip weeks. I wouldn't do it on a regular basis but I like to do it every once in a while for inspiration and also to not have to to plan out dinners. Tonight's meal was Chicken Milanese with a Summer Corn, Cherry Tomato, and Cucumber Salad. It is very humid out so I thought this would be a good meal for tonight.


You bread and lightly fry the chicken breasts after dredging them in flour, mustard, and breadcrumbs. 


Then you toss the salad together. The salad was really good. It was made with opal basil (see the pretty purple?!), arugula, cucumber, sauteed corn, and tomatoes with a mustard vinaigrette. We weren't blown away by the meal but it was tasty. 


Last night, my husband went to Dunn Gaherin's, an Irish bar in Newton, to celebrate the engagement of two of our very good friends, Kristen and Mark! The food here is so good. I got a "Black and Blue" suggested by my friend Mara. It might have been off-menu actually. I'm so special.


It is a lovely concoction of blueberry beer and Guinness. Mine was clearly heavy on the Guinness. For dinner I had the New Irishman Burger which was covered in Irish Porter Cheddar cheese and caramelized onions. Yup. Also, I got regular fries but they have eggplant fries! Kristen ordered them so I tried one. I definitely have to get an order of those next time.


TGIAF (Thank god it's almost Friday!)






No comments:

Post a Comment