Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Chicago-bound

I don't think I've mentioned it yet but my husband and I are off to Chicago on Friday for a few days! SUPER AMAZING BLOG MATERIAL COMING. But seriously, I can't wait. We don't have a strict itinerary. I've been obsessively researching restaurants, breweries, festivals, etc. etc. We are going to The Second City improv comedy to see a show (this is where people like Tina Fey, Stephen Colbert, Mike Myers, and others got their start) and we also going to a Cubs game. Other than that, we want to stay pretty flexible. 

I finished up the final meal of Blue Apron last night. It was ok, nothing special. It was a Summer Bean and Mushroom pasta that had 3 types of mushrooms, green and wax beans, and parmesan cheese with egg noodles. The best part was the fried shallots. You thinly slice the shallots into rings, toss them with a bit of flour, then lightly fry them in oil. SO GOOD.


Tonight I made a Sweet Potato, Kale, and Sausage Bake from Pinch of Yum. Except I substituted spinach for kale and used a plethora of sausages for the sausage (I had some chorizo, breakfast sausage, and Al Fresco Garlic Sausage hanging around. Clean out the fridge bake). Also, I think the recipe called for far too much liquid so the sauce didn't thicken. I used my intuition/common sense and only added a bit to the dish. I just topped it with extra cheese. Duh.


My next post may be from Chicago, peeps!


Also, this is pretty funny. And true.

No comments:

Post a Comment